Sunday 26 January 2014

losing my mo? oh heck no!

I came across this image today and I find it fitting as to what I have been experiencing lately. At first I thought that maybe my motivation was waning but that didn't seem right because I was still stoked with my progress, getting excited when thinking about my workouts through the day and getting amped when involved in fitness-related conversations. So I know its not my motivation that is the issue. My motive has not changed for what I am doing...in fact I feel more on point in respect to my goals and what I want to do in the future...

So what has changed? Other things in my life that aren't directly related to my fitgoals but are affecting the day to day ME. There are some things that are just not falling into place the way I would like them to and my get up and go is suffering. The gym is the one place I know I can continually progress and move ahead and even if I miss a lift or can't get a weight up this week I know that next week may be different. This is what gets me out of bed every morning and gives me something to look forward to when I go to bed every night (now, now...yes i have my kids and my wonderful family and I am not discounting them at all...they are a given and I could start a blog all about them if you so desire...)

I am trying to figure out the pieces and how I can be successful in something I love. It will take time but like everything else I have experienced with my transformation the time is worth it (and it will pass anyways) and I will get my go back...I still have the 'mo and thats all that matters.

No comments:

Post a Comment