Saturday 16 November 2013

Trust the Process

These past couple weeks have been...stressful. Changes at work, some silly unwarranted drama in the emotional department, financial adjustments...just one of those 'when it rains it pours' times. To be honest though the rain is more like a foggy drizzle than a downpour so really I still have it pretty good. It's just these little blips that every once in a while remind you that things can change in a heartbeat, you need to be prepared for anything, and you need to learn how to roll with the punches (one of my specialties if I do say so myself). Every time we are handed a blip, we need to take something from it. I believe I've mentioned before that we can't control life, just how we react to it, and these past few weeks have been a good lesson in how I react. This isn't to say I wasn't maybe cranky with people who didn't deserve it, or didn't possibly maybe have a day where perhaps there may or may not have been some tears and a little bit of feeling sorry for myself...but I didn't dwell on the negative and I put my positive thinking to action and made it through what would have once dropped me to my knees in a long drawn out poor-me kind of funk. I can use these changes to help steer my life in the direction I want my life to go. I can embrace the opportunity to make changes where changes are needed. I have learned a little more about what I want, and more importantly what I don't want, from the people I surround myself with.  I will continue to try to better my situation on every level and maybe I am late to the race but I am making strides in getting things on track and being a happy well-adjusted adult. There is a quote that gets thrown around a lot with people who are undergoing transformations/bodybuilding/life in general - TRUST THE PROCESS - and not just the process I have put in place for myself but what the universe has thrown my way ... Learning to trust myself and my abilities to cope with life in general has been an eye opener and a constant project. This past week especially has been a constant inner monologue of turning negative thinking into the positive and making sure I have kept my head above the things trying to bring me down.  I am nowhere near where I want to be, or the person I want to become but I honestly feel that I am a step closer to being that person having accepted the challenges of my latest blip. So - now that I have restored some of the order to my inner-self, it's time to take care of my environment which has suffered some. In other words the state of my house is a complete reflection of the state of my head - and heart - as of late, and needs some order-restoring of its own.  In other - other words it just means I need to clean the house ... enjoy your weekend folks, and whatever path you may be on, Trust the Process.

No comments:

Post a Comment