Saturday 14 September 2013

Back to school - and a new/old routine

I LOVE September. I am always ready to get back to a routine and normal schedule after the summer. Just having the kids back in school settles everything down - in other words I feel like I have more control. Luckily for me too, both my kids love school so it is never a chore to return. While my eldest is in his senior year of highschool and my youngest just entered grade 4, this year they are both in uniformed schools which seems to make the mornings run a little smoother. No fuss, no muss. Another new adjustment we have made is  my daughter now takes the bus to school - no more driving her in for me!! This is an added bonus for sure...she leaves at 8 to catch her bus which gives me 10-15 minutes to myself before leaving the house for work. No more rushing or dealing with the extra traffic and she isn't waiting around an empty school yard waiting for her friends to show up. So needless to say the return to school has been extra wonderful this year. My gym schedule hasn't changed much but I do need to get there a bit earlier to make sure I get everything in I need to do - this is nothing new, just back to "fall hours" (although I do recall saying at the beginning of summer how excited I was that I would have some extra time in the gym - really I just took extra time to hit the snooze button...)

Something new for this fall is a 2 hour gap I now have in my Monday evenings. My daughter has joined Girl Guides (not looking forward to cookie season at all!) and it is a great opportunity for BOTH of us to do something new! She is really stoked to go, and is super excited about the prospect of camping and canoeing so I hope this troupe makes good on that. And I am looking forward to 2 hours of "free time" - thinking of taking a fitness class of some sort...yoga or maybe something at the Y (since its included in my membership) so if anyone has any suggestions I am open to hearing about them! (or if anyone cares to join me! )

Needless to say motivation is still motorin' away as I welcome the cooler temperatures, the fall colours and the prospect of new things that the change of season always brings.

Oh - and if anyone wants GG Cookies hit me up! Meaghs will take pre-orders ha ha

No comments:

Post a Comment